6/05/2008

Sleep Update

Well, Addy got her first "Rash" so I took her to the doctor. Just before I went to leave he asked me if I had any questions about her eating, sleeping, etc....so, I jumped on the wagon! I said," Umm, ya! This child doesn't sleep!". After a slight chuckle he asked to to go through our routine. When I got to the part that I put her in her crib asleep, he said "That's your problem". He told me to stop rocking her to sleep totally and to start putting her down drowsy...which is what I have read everywhere! Then I told him when she wakes up I hold her or feed her. Anther chuckle! (he's killin me smalls) He said I am to NEVER pick her up and I can only feed her in the night one time....which I usually do. He also said to not let her scream and cry but to lay her down and pat her and walk out of the room. Go back in after 5 minutes and relay her down and explain that it's bed time....so much harder than he made it sound!! So, I did this for 2 nights and last night Addy actually did much better! I layed her down and she didn't even fight me! She then slept clear until 3:20, I fed her a bottle, she was back in bad by 3:40! I was shocked! She slept until 7:20 and I had to actually wake her up! So, you are all too smart, I wished I woulda done this like 6 months ago! So, needless to say, I slept really good all night! It was heaven! Other than I DIDN"T want to get up!

3 comments:

Rydalch Family said...

Hey Missy! It's Jesser! I saw your blog on Wendi's and took a peak! That little girl is so cute!!! As for the sleeping thing, just do what the Dr. says! We had major problems with Dylan (#1) but after we figured out what we were doing wrong, the other two are awesome sleepers!!

Tim and Wendi said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad you are getting more sleep. It was really rough for awhile with Jax but he's sleeping about 4 hours in a row now which makes me really happy!! If you need more help the book Healthy sleep habits, Happy baby is great! It helped me alot with Jax and it has recommendations for every age.

Stewart Family said...

Yeah Addy. Glad you are getting some sleep. Now if I could just get Kinlee potty trained, our kids would be doing great!!